Panera recently created the perfect comfort food. The Panera Bread Grilled Mac & Cheese Sandwich is now available on the menu.
Yes, you read that correctly: a mac and cheese sandwich.
It's not just some warm macaroni and cheese sandwiched between some bread, either. The menu's description reads, "Creamy Mac & Cheese with our fontina and mozzarella cheese blend and parmesan crisps on toasted thick-sliced Classic White Miche." It is essentially Panera's outstanding creamy mac & cheese on fresh bread with additional cheese and parmesan crisps. We tested it to see if it lived up to the current buzz about this new sandwich.
Continue reading to learn more about our team's opinions and to view all the gooey, mushy real-life photos! Here is also a list of some of Panera's most well-known sandwiches to help you satisfy your cravings.
Panera Bread Company has grown to be a lunchtime favorite over time. From breakfast and coffee to their renowned soups and sandwiches, the menu offers a wide range of options. Whenever you go to a Panera location, you get to feel the warmth of a home-cooked meal. But with so many options available, it can often be difficult to choose just one. Because of this, we've created a list of the best Panera sandwiches. If you're looking for more places to order delectable sandwiches, we recommend looking through our listings for Jimmy John's or Subway.
PANERA GRILLED MAC AND CHEESE REVIEW
The Mac & Cheese Sandwich is now available, so we had to test it. If you missed it, Panera Bread introduced this new sandwich at the beginning of this month as a fresh take on their popular side dish. The renowned creamy mac is sandwiched between two slices of bread in the Cooked Mac & Cheese Sandwich and then grilled until the cheese melts perfectly. In-person, the sandwich still appears delicious.
The bread has a soft center and a little crunchy exterior, and the mac and cheese are incredibly creamy and delicious. But the unexpected star of the show is the mac and cheese's crunchy top-baked bits. When you bite into a piece, it provides a nice touch of crunch and nuttiness that breaks up the monotony of the rest of the dish. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you try this sandwich. If you're obsessed like we are, Panera has made the macaroni necklace of your dreams. This way, everyone will be able to see how much you enjoy mac and cheese.
The grilled mac & cheese sandwich is a variation of the standard grilled cheese. By sandwiching the creamy mac & cheese between two slices of bread, the ultimate carbohydrate fantasy—and, may I add, the ideal dipping vessel for a broccoli cheddar moment—has been produced.
The mac & cheese is made with a blend of mozzarella and fontina cheeses, topped with Parmesan crisps, and tucked between two substantial slices of toasted Classic White Miche bread. Consider the cheese pull! Think about it! Panera will also sell flatbread pizza with sausage and pepperoni. It also has tomato bell pepper sauce, pepperoni, chicken sausage, shredded mozzarella, and fontina cheeses. Since both of these new delights are currently being served at locations around the nation, I already know where I will be spending my lunch break this month.
Related: Try our Panera Promo Codes And Save Lots of your money.
PANERA MAC AND CHEESE SANDWICH AT HOME
So, if it's not possible for you to order Panera then you can cook your own Panera-style grilled mac and cheese sandwich at home… So let's try…
- 8 slices of white bread
- 8 slices Crystal Farms American Cheese Slices
- 3 cups mac & cheese, warmed up (recipe below)
- 8 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Mac and Cheese
- 2 ½ cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Crystal Farms® Butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Crystal Farms Wisconsin 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 3 ½ cups Crystal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 ounce Crystal Farms Blue Cheese Crumbles
- A large nonstick sauté pan needs to be heated to medium. 350 degrees Fahrenheit is the recommended setting for the oven. One side of a slice of white bread should be covered with a spoonful of mayonnaise. First, toast four slices of bread until golden brown, mayonnaise side down.
- While the bread is toasting, spread 4 slices of American cheese out and top each with 3/4 cup of reheated mac & cheese. On top, place the second piece of American cheese.
- After toasting the remaining bread slices, mac & cheese is added. Put the dish in the oven for 2.5 minutes, or until the bottom bread is golden and the mac & cheese is thoroughly heated.
- Add toasted bread on top.
- Cook elbow macaroni in salted, boiling water with oil according to the manufacturer's instructions. The water can't boil over the top of the pan thanks to the oil. After being boiled, macaroni should be rinsed, cooled in cold water, and then put away until used.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add flour, stir, and cook for three minutes.
- The cream, Wisconsin 1/3 reduced fat cream cheese, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and salt should all be mixed in after the milk has been added.
- Stirring occasionally, slowly bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 15 minutes with frequent stirring at a medium simmer.
- Stir the mixture over medium-low heat until the cheese melts, then add the crumbled Wisconsin Blue Cheese and the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- After incorporating the macaroni, pour the mac and cheese into a baking dish or sheet pan.
- Cover the pans and let the mac and cheese cool until it is ready to assemble the sandwiches. You can store it in the fridge for three to four days.
OTHER FAMOUS PANERA SANDWICHES TO TRY
Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt
Smoked, pulled chicken raised without antibiotics, smoked gouda, fresh avocado and cilantro, zesty sweet peppadew peppers, and chipotle sauce are all served over black pepper focaccia. The Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt is arguably the sandwich on Panera's lunch menu that is most in demand. The smoked gouda and unique Pappadew peppers make it without a doubt the most mouthwatering sandwich on the menu.
Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT
Emerald green, vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh avocado, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper over country rustic sourdough with roasted turkey reared without antibiotics. The Panera roasted turkey sandwich is fantastic. But when Panera started serving bacon and avocado, two of the foods that every millennial love, it really took off.
Bacon Turkey Bravo
Oven-roasted turkey breast raised without antibiotics, Applewood-smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, emerald greens, vine-ripened tomatoes, signature sauce, salt and pepper on Tomato Basil Bread. The Bacon Turkey Bravo, which is served on wonderfully toasted tomato basil bread, is one of Panera's best sandwiches, and we highly suggest it. A restaurant noted for specializing in bread is Panera. Customers who like fresh bread and a variety of sandwiches have developed a strong loyalty to it.
Toasted Frontega Chicken Panini
Smoked, pulled chicken that has not been fed antibiotics is served with fresh mozzarella, salt, pepper, vine-ripened tomatoes, red onions, fresh basil, and chipotle sauce on a bed of focaccia with black pepper. It seems that rotisserie-style or "pulled" chicken is gaining popularity all over the world. The mixture of white and dark flesh, uneven pieces, and crispy skin all add to the dish's wonderful tactile qualities. The best parts of this amazing Panera sandwich are the fresh vegetables, chipotle sauce, and black pepper focaccia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Panera has decent Mac and cheese. It doesn't have an unusual texture or appear artificial, and it tastes like real white cheddar. Additionally, the noodles don't get mushy. Wonderful comfort dish with a few healthy components!
We provide creamy Mac & Cheese with a fontina and mozzarella cheese mixture, parmesan crisps, and toasty, thick-sliced Classic White Miche.
Panera mac & cheese can be consumed as a single-serving microwave meal or as a quick lunch option. This prepared food is vegetarian and free of artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Because it only comprises bread and cheese and no other fresh produce, this sandwich contains more sodium and saturated fat than is recommended for a sandwich.
It released its version in 2006 and since then has developed a modest product segment. It rivals even some of the best handmade recipes in terms of sinful richness. A supermarket-inspired version, Panera at Home Mac & Cheese, was introduced in 2013.